Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hurry Up And Wait

The waiting is the hardest part, but on the other hand I am hoping that the waiting is what is giving me the time I need to get other health issues under control so the plastic surgeon will start the reconstruction process immediately instead of having to wait till a later date. Well last Friday I went to have more mammograms, sonograms and the biopsies. It did not turn out as they had hoped. They were not able to nail down the areas that the MRI I had showed, so they were not able to do the biopsies. So this now means that I have to have MRI guided biopsies. From what the doctor said this sounds like loads of fun...NOT... Anyway I am still waiting on the call to tell me when this is going to happen, as the doctor who performs these was due to be out of town this week.
I have caught a terrible cough and cold that I just can't seem to shake, so I think I am going to have to go to the doctor for that. Normally I would just ride it out but as weak as I have already been feeling I am afraid to let it go on. Other than bit of news I am still just hurrying up to wait it seems. I will be so glad when all the test are done and we can get this monster that grows within out of me!!! I'll update as soon as I have more news. Till then everyone take care, and thanks for taking time to travel on this journey with me.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie - I just want to wish you peace right now. I truly know exactly how you are feeling as just a couple weeks ago I was in your position. Keep the faith and stay positive. What I found is that you get all the "bad" news first, then the good will start to follow. Just hold on tight and remember, you have those beautiful little girls. Expect to be tired - your mind probably never stops and your body is trying its best to fight the little monster. If you ever just want to talk, let me know....I start my chemo on 9 Sep - next week and am resolving to cut the rest of my hair this weekend. This is a challenge - but one we CAN beat.....Best wishes to you.... Arla

    ReplyDelete