Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surgery Date Set

Hello everyone, I have not updated for a bit because I have been waiting till I had all the info. My surgery is going to be on Sept 21st. , bright and early at 7 a.m. I will be in the hospital 24 to 48 hours if everything goes well and there are no complications. After all the results are in it has been decided with the findings of more cancer than the original tumor, that I will be having a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction to begin immediately as long as I can keep my other diabetes levels under 180. I will not know what treatments I have to take until after the surgery. They will be doing the sentinel lymph node biopsy during my mastectomy surgery. I am so ready to get this over with and get on that road to recovery so I can feel normal again. On the other hand as it approaches I worry about I am going to cope with it all when I wake up and my breast are gone. I know that's probably crazy to feel that way, because this is going to save my life, but I can't help but wonder.

I went back to the diabetes clinic yesterday and had all my medicine adjusted. I am back on a sliding scale for my 3 of injections each day and on a standard 35 units, at bedtime of a second insulin. I am glad they finally did this, I know they were trying to keep me from having so many shots each day, but this was the regimen I was on a few years ago that worked well for me. And I am proud to say with me cutting out all the sugar I possibly can, and almost eliminating bread from my diet as well as restricting my carbs to between 9 and 10 a day, and eliminating my one dr.pepper a day I used to have, has brought my sugar down 300 points in a month. And my weight has dropped 18 lbs.

Today is my last day of work, and it has been alot more difficult than I had imagined it would. I thought I would be ok with not working, because I have been ready for some time off but it has been tear filled already. My clients daughter bought me a beautiful new breast cancer hope mug to have my hot tea in this fall while I am recuperating, and a beautiful things of scriptures and a new bible. His wife cried this morning as we talked, she said she knew I would be back but it was just so hard to let go. It means so much to me to know that I have affected their lives in a positive way.

Well speaking of work I need to get back and get a few things finished up. I still have a few things I need to go over with the man that I have hired to work for me while I am absent. Many thanks to everyone who has called and visited me and left me such inspiring messages. Each and every one of you brighten my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment