Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Frusteration In Waiting

The past week has had it's ups and downs. My appetite has dwindled over the past few weeks. And 3 out of 4 times that I actually do eat a decent meal it makes me so nauseated I wish I hadn't eat. But on the flip side I have lost 13 pounds in the last three weeks. Hopefully my diabetes will benefit from the weight loss. It seems my body is also requiring much more sleep than it ever has, I think part of that is from the mental stress as opposed to the cancer.
I got back my test results yesterday from the biopsy. I have tested er+ and pr+, so I was a little relieved to hear that, knowing that my cancer should respond well to hormonal therapy. On the other hand I scored a 2 on my Her2 test, so that means I have to have another test. There is concern over this being an aggressive cancer with me having that score and taking into consideration how fast the lump came up and what size it has grown to in such a short time. I go for the MRI on Friday. I have my first meeting with the surgeon next week, I am hoping that all the test results will be back and we can get the ball rolling and get this "MONSTER" out of me. I have been told I have a hard road ahead of me over the next year. But I am ready to WIN this battle. The waiting is harder than actually comes to grips with the fact I have cancer. I am very blessed though, my family and friends have been such a great comfort to me. Their support and encouragement is inspiring and keeps me going when I am down. I will be going to a 38 work week next week instead of the 50+ hours I have been working for the past year. I will readjust my schedule as we progress in this journey as needed. I am hoping to maintain working some. I think it would drive me crazy not to work at all. But again we will have to wait and see. The next week is going to be the hardest, I am not patient when it comes to waiting! But I guess that is all a part of it, and I will make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment